Getting to Hakuba Goryu
Within and Around Hakuba Village
Getting to Hakuba Goryu: By Railway
There are two main rail options for getting to Hakuba from Tokyo:
1.Direct Train from Tokyo Shinjuku to JR Hakuba Station
The JR Azusa Limited Express train leaves Shinjuku Station every morning at about 8:00 and stops at several stations before arriving at Hakuba Station before noon. You can purchase your ticket at any JR Rail Office. It is best to purchase this ticket in advance.
2.Shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagano Station, then bus from Nagano to Hakuba
The Shinkansen is the most efficient way to travel between Hakuba and Tokyo. The total trip to Hakuba takes approximately 3.5 hours from Tokyo.
- Take the Shinkansen from Tokyo Station to Nagano Station, which takes about 90 minutes. You can buy tickets on non-reserved trains, or you can reserve tickets at JR Rail Offices.
- Take the Alpico Bus from Nagano Station to Hakuba about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Tickets do not have to be reserved in advance.
Getting to Hakuba Goryu: By Bus
There are direct buses running from several major cities and airports to Hakuba
1.ALPICO Express Bus have several buses between Hakuba and Nagano City, Tokyo, Osaka and airports. For timetable and reservations, visit
2.SNOW LINER buses run between Hakuba and Narita / Haneda Airports. For timetable and reservations, visit
3.Nagano Snow Shuttle runs several buses a day between Hakuba and Tokyo, Narita Airport, Haneda Airport and a few other ski resorts. For timetable and reservations, visit
Getting to Hakuba Goryu: By Car
There are plenty of free carparking spaces at Hakuba Goryu if you decide to come by car.
- From the Nagano Expressway, exit at the Azumino IC and head north towards Hakuba. You will pick up signs for Hakuba after exiting the Expressway.
- From the Joshinetsu Expressway, exit at the Nagano IC and head west towards Hakuba. You will pick up signs for Hakuba after exiting the Expressway.
- From the Hokuriku Expressway, exit at Itoigawa IC and head south towards Hakuba. You will pick up signs for Hakuba shortly after exiting the Expressway.
Hakuba is approximately 1 hour from each Expressway exit. Once in Hakuba, Hakuba Goryu is off of the Route 148.
Getting around Hakuba
Hakuba Goryu, 47, Iimori Free Shuttle Buses
These free shuttle buses are for skiers and snowboarders who are visiting Hakuba Goryu, 47 and Iimori snow resorts. There are multiple routes that run between the ski resort and various spots within the Hakuba Valley.
There is also a triangle bus that runs between the three ski resorts (Hakuba Goryu, 47 and Iimori).
There are also night shuttle buses for night skiing (buses only run when night skiing is open).
General operation period : 16 December 2023 ~ 31 March 2024
HAKUBAVALLEY Shuttle bus
HAKUBAVALLEY shuttle bus connects Hakuba, Otari, Omachi and 10 ski resorts.
Operation Period : HV-A 16 Dec 2023 ~ 24 Mar 2024 / HV-B 16 Dec 2023 ~ 31 Mar 2024
Bus fee (per trip) : Adult 600 yen / Child (Ages 6-11) 300 yen / Under 6 : Free